- Home /
CIT Italy Travel Connection understands and respects the privacy of the users of its web site. To aid our users, we adhere to the following privacy policies.
When you visit the CIT Italy Travel Connection web site, our site host makes a record of your visit and logs the following anonymous information for statistical purposes: the user's server address, the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .ca, .uk etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, search engine if applicable, and the type of browser used. The statistical information we gather will be used to help us improve the web site's accessibility and navigability. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
We will record your e-mail address only if you contact us or send us a message. It will be used for replying to you directly and it will be added to CIT Italy Travel Connection's mailing list only if you request inclusion. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it to any third party without your consent.
Changes and Deletions
If at any time you wish to be removed from CIT Italy Travel Connection mailing list, or wish to view, update, alter or delete any information we may have on you in our contacts database, please contact us.
We do not use any external identifiers to uniquely identify our contacts. CIT Italy Travel Connection allows anonymous interaction wherever it is practical and does not transfer personal information internationally.
If you have a complaint regarding online privacy, please contact us.
What information we collect:
We collect information in the following ways:
- Active collection: information you provide to us when signing up to Hotjar. When creating a Hotjar account or signing-up for content or offers, we may ask you to provide us with your name, email address and details about your organization. We will only use this information to provide you with the service that you signed-up for and where we would like to use the contact details you have provided us with for any other purpose we will inform you and obtain your consent before proceeding. For info on how to deactivate your account and/or unsubscribe from receiving content or offers, kindly contact us here.
- Passive collection: information which is automatically collected, without your knowledge, whilst navigating through and interacting with the content on our site and the content on each of our clients' site pages, as well as information on your device or computer (such as cookies).
The sole purpose of passively collecting your information is to improve your experience when using our clients' sites and web services.
Through the Hotjar tracking code embedded by our client on their website, the information collected includes:
- Device-specific data
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Log data
Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using Hotjar. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed;
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing Hotjar or other websites owned by our clients that may use Hotjar. Please note that by doing so some features of the website you visit may be unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more info about the cookies we use, visit Cookie Information.
- Third Party Services
Hotjar uses a variety of services hosted by third parties, such as Google Analytics and Optimizely. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP request. For information on how Google Analytics and Optimizely collect and use your information, please refer to their privacy policies. By using Hotjar, you consent to the processing of data by these third parties in accordance with their privacy policies.